Skydive Radio Forums
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...General Discuss...General Discuss...Preventing Canopy CollisionsPreventing Canopy Collisions
Previous

Next
New Post
9/25/2011 8:22 PM

As a new skydiver with only 47 jumps, there is one thing I have noticed while under canopy that bugs me. I find it extremely difficult to keep track of canopies and keep an eye on who's below me. One second you see them, the next they blend in with everything underneath you. Wouldn't it be nice to see other skydivers below you without having to frantically search the sky? The other day I was thinking it would be awesome to have some sort of light weight highly reflective material on the tops of canopies in recognizable patterns. Simply put, reflectors for people above you. I do not know if anyone has ever thought of something like this before or if it already exists. All I know is that if I had the option to make my canopy blatantly, or even obnoxiously visible to anyone who may be a threat to my safety, I would be on it like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm. The cost to benefit ratio of its potential seems almost silly. Cosmetically, the only people who see the top of your canopy can't even see it sometimes so you might as well slap some lifesaving material up there. This is just a thought... perhaps I am missing something, but I had to throw it out there. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...General Discuss...General Discuss...Preventing Canopy CollisionsPreventing Canopy Collisions

Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  Copyright 2010 by Skydive Radio, All Rights Reserved