Skydive Radio Forums
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Safety First wi...Safety First wi...Psycho Packing and Gear FearPsycho Packing and Gear Fear
Previous

Next
New Post
3/11/2012 9:35 AM

Thanks for the show I've been a fan for a long time.

This weekend I got back in the air after a year and a half hiatus from jumping. I have 210 jumps, and I have ALWAYS sucked at packing. I have usually jumped older more worn out canopies, so I was able to get them in the bag. However, I recently bought a canopy with about 300 jumps on it, and it is so slippery I've had to resort to paying a packer. I am curious about trying the psycho-packing method. What's the real story behind this method? Some jumpers seem absolutely unwilling to try it, and some say there are no hazards in psycho packing vs. PRO packing. What are the potential hazards? Is it really any easier than a PRO pack?

Second Issue:
On my re-entry to the sport I've been battling a little gear fear. For whatever reason the idea of having a harness failure has implanted itself in my brain. I'd be interested to hear-- how common are harness failures, why do they happen, and what can we do to prevent them? Is there any area on the harness more prone to failure than another?

Thanks

New Post
3/27/2012 9:00 AM

You're questions have been added to the queue for a future safety first with Brian.  Thanks.

-Dave

Previous

Next
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Safety First wi...Safety First wi...Psycho Packing and Gear FearPsycho Packing and Gear Fear

Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  Copyright 2010 by Skydive Radio, All Rights Reserved