Skydive Radio Forums
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Show Discussion...Show Discussion...Show #146, May 1st, 2011 - with Jay StokesShow #146, May 1st, 2011 - with Jay Stokes
Previous

Next
New Post
5/2/2011 11:32 PM

Space shuttle jump postponed but Dave gets to do some multi discipline jumps instead.  Stump makes it out to LSPC.  Static line vs. AFF discussion.  Brian Germain discusses post opening procedures in Safety First.  Pic of the Week - Denis Filliaudeau makes a royal jump over the Black Knights DZ in the UK on the same day that some wedding was happening at Westminster Abbey.  Photo by Peter Williams.  USPA President Jay Stokes discusses the recent rash of canopy collisions.  Listener shout-outs.

New Post
5/13/2011 5:43 PM

I think the most important reason to choose SL over AFF/AFP was completely missed in the discussion:

Total cost of an A License.

As AFF/AFP requires a fair amount of 2 instructor jumps, and as they are from full altitude, this comes with significant cost. The first 5 levels of SL can be accomplished for $240. That's about the same cost just for the 1st level of AFP @ Skydive Chicago, or for one of the two required tandems that must be completed before you can start AFF/AFP.

A SL progression can get you an A license for $750-1000

2011 pricing of AFP @ SDC = $2599+

The difference there is $1600-2000, which is a signficant chunk toward a used rig.

New Post
6/13/2013 10:12 AM

POKER IS DEAD! I have been waiting for this episode and wondering when it actually happened as I couldn't remember.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Show Discussion...Show Discussion...Show #146, May 1st, 2011 - with Jay StokesShow #146, May 1st, 2011 - with Jay Stokes

Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  Copyright 2010 by Skydive Radio, All Rights Reserved