Skydive Radio Forums
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Listener Reques...Listener Reques...Skydiving Magazine Skydiving Magazine
Previous

Next
New Post
2/17/2009 9:14 AM

Dave wrote

He only said that they had talked about it and decided against doing an interview.  I didn't press him for a reason.

I just got off the phone with Mike. I called to ask about getting a copy of the last issue (my sub. ran out before I got it) and we talked for probably 30 min. (when I apologized for taking up so much of his time he said "that's OK, I have a lot more time now" )

He answered all of the questions that I had and I totally understand why they are "suspending publication".  I did take the opportunity to personally thank him for his contribution to the sport for over 30 years and expressed to him how much we are gonna miss the magazine.

Jerry Baumchen posted this excerpt from an e-mail he received from Mike on dz.com and it is basically what he told me on the phone today in a nutshell.

Here is an excerpt from an email that I got from Mike:

"We've suspended the magazine because two key staffers have elected to move on to bigger and better things. Rather than recruit, hire and train replacements, I elected to take this option. The magazine has been financially sound since the early 1980s; in fact, 2008 was an exceptionally good year for it.

I'm not certain what the future holds for the magazine. Rather than leave our faithful subscribers hanging, we refunded the balances of their subscription payments. If the magazine should resume publication, we'd contact all former subscribers and invite them to re-subscribe.

Again, we've certainly enjoy publishing Skydiving, and it's gratifying to now receive the good wishes from so many subscribers and advertisers.

I'm sure you and I will cross paths again, Jerry; I'm not going anywhere!"

Hope this answers some questions for everyone else.

Blue Skies,

Jason

edited to add email excerpt

www.tennskydive.com
Previous

Next
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Listener Reques...Listener Reques...Skydiving Magazine Skydiving Magazine

Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  Copyright 2010 by Skydive Radio, All Rights Reserved