Skydive Radio Forums
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Listener Reques...Listener Reques...Skydiving Magazine Skydiving Magazine
Previous

Next
New Post
1/26/2009 8:36 AM

Now that Skydiving Magazine has 'suspended' their publishing, it might be cool to interview Mike...or someone from their staff.  Perhaps you can get some real insight as to why they're closing shop...and maybe also give them a chance to reflect on their years of publishing. 

New Post
1/26/2009 5:24 PM

Dammit!!! This is the first I heard of this.  I'll give him a call tomorrow.  We have talked about doing an interview in the past but never got around to it.  What a bummer to pursue it under these conditions.  I'm really going to miss Skydiving.

New Post
1/27/2009 7:51 AM

I am with you Dave, this really sucks!!

I saw it first on here yesterday then went straight to the dropzone.com thread to get the scoop. Well, what little info there is.

I really hope you can get Mike on the show to discuss what happened and why so suddenly. Hopefully someone will fill their shoes soon.

Blue Skies,

Jason

Here is the thread link for those who haven't seen it yet.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3462114;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25

www.tennskydive.com
New Post
1/27/2009 10:53 AM

I concur that this would be an excellent interview!

I would be really surprised if the Magazine just vanished...  They've built years worth of archived articles and a large customer base, as well as regular article writers and advertisers.

I would think that somebody would be capable of taking this over, if profitability as a print publication is an issue they could easily move to an online-only service.  Just putting up all of their archived articles would drive some pretty serious search engine traffic and advertisement revenue.  They could offer free online subscriptions and still have revenue coming in from advertisers to pay contributing writers.  With the number of online-aware skydivers increasing each year - it would have a long life ahead of itself.

http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone management software.
New Post
1/27/2009 12:35 PM

with any luck it is just a temp thing...     unlike Cal City   there website does not just say closed across the front of it....

Previous

Next
HomeHomeListener Discus...Listener Discus...Listener Reques...Listener Reques...Skydiving Magazine Skydiving Magazine

Privacy Statement  |  Terms Of Use  |  Copyright 2010 by Skydive Radio, All Rights Reserved